[HTML]
【全・英】ロゴ
【全・英】ヘッダーリンク
H1

History

コンテンツ
Month/Year KHK Laws, etc.
Apr 1922  

The High Pressure Gas and Liquefied Gas Control Law were promulgated.

(Came into force on June 1, 1923)
Apr 1923  

Cabinet Order for enforcement of the High Pressure Gas and Liquefied Gas Control Law was promulgated.

(Came into force on June 1, 1923)
Oct 1936 The High Pressure Gas Association was established.  
Jan 1944 The High Pressure Gas Association became an incorporated association.  
Jun 1951  

The High Pressure Gas Control Law and Cabinet Order for enforcement thereof were promulgated.

(Came into force on December 6, 1951)
Jun 1954   The first High Pressure Gas Hazard Prevention Week (currently the High Pressure Gas Safety Actions Promotion Week) was put into effect.
Dec 1963

The High Pressure Gas Safety Institute of Japan (Koatsu Gas Hoan Kyoukai; “KHK”) was founded.

KHK started as a special government-affiliated corporation. KHK succeeded the membership system from the High Pressure Gas Association that was dissolved, and it had no capital contributions from the government, which was not common.
 
Apr 1964 Kansai Container Inspection Office (currently Kinki Branch Office) was established.  
Sep 1964 The first issue of members’ magazine “Koatsu Gas” was published.  
Nov 1964 National Conference of High Pressure Gas Safety was held.  
Dec 1967  

Act on the Securing of Safety and the Optimization of Transaction of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (the “LPG Act”) was promulgated.

(Came into effect on March 1, 1968)
Jan 1969 Nagoya Inspection Office (currently Chubu Branch Office) was established.  
Oct 1971 Kyushu Safety Office (currently Kyushu Branch Office) was established.  
Apr 1973 Hiroshima Inspection Office and Hiroshima Branch (currently Chugoku Branch Office) were established.  
Apr 1975 The government made capital contributions to KHK.  
Oct 1975 Research Institute Affiliated with LPG Consumer Safety Center was established in Machida, Tokyo.  
Jul 1985 Research Institute Affiliated with LPG Consumer Safety Center was renamed LP Gas Laboratory.  
Oct 1986 KHK was privatized. Funding was refunded to the government; a shift was made from subsidized projects to contracted projects; institutional monopoly of tasks of the Institution was abolished; independent appointment of Board Members became possible, etc.  
Apr 1987 Hokkaido, Tohoku and Shikoku Branch Offices were established.  
Jan 1996 High Pressure Gas laboratory was established adjacent to LP Gas Laboratory.  
Mar 1996  

The High Pressure Gas Control Law was revised.

(Came into effect on April 1, 1997)

The name of the law was changed to the High Pressure Gas Safety Act.
Apr 2012 LP Gas laboratory and High Pressure Gas laboratory were integrated into the Research & Development Center.  
Dec 2013 Celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the KHK.  
Jul 2017

A new building was completed for Research & Development Center.

The latest test equipment has been added.